Guilt free! (Unless ya add the fries of course)
If you follow me on insta, you already know how amazing these looked. You also may be able to tell that I love trying new food, and kinda just love food in general. This recipe was on my must make list for a while and I’m so happy I finally tried it because I could eat it all the time.
I’m always looking for meals that are guilt free (or at least almost) and that still taste great. This meal meets both requirements for sure. I found the recipe on Pinterest of course and there are multiple ways you could change up the meal. I chose Philly cheesesteak because I LOVE cheesesteaks and if I can have something that tastes like one but I don’t have to feel bad for craving it. And, I know I say this about most of the recipes but it really was super simple to make!
All you need is…
- Casserole Dish (Big enough depending on how many zucchinis you want to fill)
- A frying pan
- A cutting board
- Rubber spatula
- A knife
- Zucchinis (I used 3)
- Sliced flank steak (Or any steak but thinly sliced)
- Provolone cheese
- Worcestershire sauce
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
After you grab all of that stuff…
- First start by washing the veggies and preheating the oven to 350 degrees.
- Carefully slice the zucchinis in half, longways and scoop out the middle (You can save the insides, but it won’t be used in this filling)
- Spray the bottom of the casserole dish lightly, and place the zucchinis in skin side down and season w/ salt and pepper. Put in oven for about 10 minutes or until soft.
- While the zucchini bakes, thinly slice both the peppers and onions.
- Heat up some olive oil in a pan, add the peppers and onions and sauté until cooked through.
- Add the steak and let it brown without stirring for a few minutes, then continue to cook for about 7 minutes.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire and season w/ salt and pepper, then take off the heat.
- Remove the zucchinis and use the tongs to carefully fill them with the steak mixture.
- Top with cheese of choosing. (Provolone is da best)
- Put back in oven for about 3-4 minutes, until cheese is fully melted.
- Serve immediately after removing them from the oven.