Get to know me & my brand
Hey guys, I know I’ve been really off my game for the past 2 weeks, but I am all caught up with everything and can’t wait to get back into it. So today’s post as you can see is a little different than usual and I never really thought to do one of these when I started my blog, but I think it’ll be a good change in feed to get to know me and what I’m about. I think it’s important to know who you’re supporting when you start following a blogger or an influencer. I clearly like to put it all out there and be transparent so I just want to give you guys 10 things that can help you get to know me a little. SO without further ado…
- I am a HUGE animal lover. For anyone who knows me, knows that this would be my number one fun fact because of how much I love animals. I grew up with dogs, but I’ve never met an animal I didn’t like. The picture of the puppy for this blog post is my 2 year old Golden-doodle who is the best dog in the entire world. I always say that once I move out it’s going to be like I live on a farm because I don’t know how I’m going to refrain from buying 1,000 animals.
- I figured I’d through in the basics. I’m 5’2″ and 21 years old! My Birthday is March 20, so yes I just turned 21. I used to love being this short, but as I get older I wish that I wasn’t so little, especially when taking pictures because it’s so hard to find a good angle.
- Also a DisneyWorld fanatic, and I only went for the first time a few years ago! I can’t even begin to tell you how much I love this place, I’m planning on writing a whole blog post on this soon because I have so much to say. BUT, I really do love everything about Disney and have a trip booked for this May!
- I’m working on obtaining a business/finance degree. I am a sophomore- almost junior in college, and are one of the few that enjoy math. (weird I know) but, if blogging doesn’t work in my favor, I would love to work in the finance world one day.
- I’ve lived in New Jersey my whole life, and don’t plan on moving. So many people I know always complain about New Jersey and I never understood why! We have all 4 seasons, we’re a coastal state, we’re close to NYC, there’s just so many things I could think about it here that I don’t know why people don’t like it. For me, I love having all 4 seasons, summer may be my favorite but to me it wouldn’t be Christmas without the cold. I grew up in Woodbridge, and now live near Toms River but I plan to reside somewhere near Freehold or Middletown once I move out on my own.
- I am a huge foodie. This you probably already know, because a huge part of my Instagram is food. I go out to eat A LOT, probably more than I should. But this is also something that I just enjoy doing. I enjoy cooking, baking and in general just trying new foods. Finding good foods that are also good for you is something I also stride to do because health is a big part of my life as well.
- My boyfriend and I have been dating for 4 years, and we met in high school. His name is Ryan, and he and I are truly the same person and I couldn’t imagine being with anyone else. He is so supportive through everything, and is the greatest dog dad ever. He is also 90% of the photographer for any of this on my blog, and Instagram because he was a graphic design major and has a passion for some of this stuff as well!
- I’m a Pittsburgh Steelers fan! Another thing you might not guess right off the bat, I’m from New Jersey, and 90% of my family are Jet’s fans. Except my mom, her and I are hardcore Steelers fans and we love football season. It feels like a rough time to be a fan right now because everything going on within the franchise but I have been and always will be a Steelers fan, football is my favorite sport for sure and love everything that comes along with it.
- I struggle with anxiety, a lot. I try my hardest to not let it show, or let it stop me from doing things but it happens. From seeing my life on social media, this isn’t something you’d guess because I don’t choose to post about when I’m struggling but anxiety is a huge part of my life. It runs in my family for sure, and it was a lot worse when I was little. I know certain ways to calm myself down and take control whenever I’m having an attack or just feeling down. So, I wanted people to know this about me because it’s something so many struggle with and it helps knowing your not alone and even people you may think it doesn’t affect, it just might.
- THIS, is my dream job. It seems like people are starting to take advantage of this field of work, and not everyone is in it for the right reasons. People think it’ll be easy to “work from home” and look at all of the highlights of blogging, but don’t realize how much work and commitment it is! I still don’t have an amazing schedule and find it hard to get everything that I need to get done, done. In the end, I put in work because this really is what I want to do as my full time career- hopefully one day. I find a real passion in my heart for this, and love when people tell me they love my style, or ask me beauty questions. I love talking to people and sharing my tips and seeing people react to my content in a positive way.
Well… that’s it! I really enjoyed writing this post and sharing a few things about me that maybe you didn’t know before! I am curious to know if you all like these types of posts?! So you can always let me know your feedback, and I would be happy to hear from you guys anyway. I hope you enjoyed reading this and maybe feel like you can relate to some of these and feel like you know me and what I represent a little bit better!
With Love, Taylor