Banana bread without the guilt!
Banana bread is one of my favorite things to make and eat. I have a go-to recipe for my regular banana bread but I wanted to experiment with a healthy recipe, and this one really is amazing! Instead of using white flour, we’re using wheat, and instead of a bunch of sugar we’re using pure maple syrup. Everything else in a traditional banana bread isn’t bad for you, so there are only a few little changes you’ll have yo make! You could probably alter any recipe, but here is the one that I tried and loved:
Items you’ll need:
- A loaf pan
- Stand or electric mixer
- 2 medium sized bowls
- A fork
- A mixing spoon (I used a wooden one)
- 2 large bananas
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond milk (I use the original)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium sized bowl, mash up your bananas really well using a fork. (or whatever works for you)
- In your stand mixer (or another medium bowl) combine the oil, maple syrup, and eggs. Mix until combined, then add in your bananas.
- Mix until the bananas are combined, then add in your milk and beat until everything is well combined.
- Now add the vanilla, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and give it a quick little mix to get it incorporated.
- Now, slowly add the flour (1/2 cup at a time) but use your spoon to mix this all together.
- Grease your loaf pan with whatever you choose. (My fav is the Pam spray with flour)
- Pour your batter in, and bake for about 50 min- an hour. Depending on your preference of doneness!
This recipe is so easy and can be altered in so many different ways! There are lost of things you can add in if you like nuts in it, or chocolate or anything! I love to serve this with fresh bananas and some more maple syrup over the top, its to die for. I hope you all enjoyed this recipe and I look forward to hearing if any of you share my love for banana bread and try this one out. See you all next week! Have a great weekend.
With Love, Taylor